Be your own doctor: Healing Revolution Summit
Sunday, July 20, 2014
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
The Most Medicated Kids Are Americans
American children are approximately three times more likely to be prescribed psychotropic medication than children in Europe. A new study published in BioMed Central's open access journal Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health claims that the differences may be accounted for by regulatory practices and cultural beliefs about the role of medication in emotional and behavioural problems.
Julie Zito led a team of researchers from the USA, Germany and the Netherlands who investigated prescription levels in the three countries. She said, "Antidepressant and stimulant prevalence were three or more times greater in the US than in the Netherlands and Germany, while antipsychotic prevalence was 1.5 to 2.2 times greater".
The use of antidepressants, like Prozac, and stimulants, like Ritalin, in children has been the subject of a great deal of controversy and this study quantifies the differences in practice between the US and Western Europe. The authors claim that the differences may be partly due to different diagnostic classification systems, "The US trend of increasing bipolar diagnosis in children and adolescents does not reflect European practice". The authors also mention government cost restrictions in Europe, the larger number of child psychiatrists per capita in the US and the use of two or more different psychotropic drugs in a single year in US children as possible explanations.
Zito concludes that, "Direct to consumer drug advertising, which is common in the US, is also likely to account for some of the differences. The increased use of medication in the US also reflects the individualist and activist therapeutic mentality of US medical culture".
Article adapted by Medical News Today from original press release.
Posted by Dr Kate Keville at 5:58 PM
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Chlorophyll is miraculous. It has SO MANY health benefits it makes it a true wonder-food. However, the most marvelous and amazing benefit it gives comes from the fact that its molecular structure is absolutely identical to hemoglobin except for the center atom. In hemoglobin this is iron, whereas in chlorophyll it is magnesium. This means that when ingested, chlorophyll actually helps to do the job of hemoglobin (hemoglobin is so vital to the health of our blood - in fact, blood is approx 75% hemoglobin). It helps to rebuild and replenish our red blood cells, boosting our energy and increasing our well being almost instantly.
Chlorophyll has the power to regenerate our bodies at the molecular and cellular level and is known to help cleanse the body, fight infection, help heal wounds, and promote the health of the circulatory, digestive, immune, and detoxification systems. Chlorophyll consumption increases the number of red blood cells and, therefore, increase oxygen utilization by the body. Chlorophyll also reduces the binding of carcinogens to DNA in the liver and other organs. It also breaks down calcium oxalate stones for elimination, which are created by the body for the purpose of neutralizing and disposing of excess acid.
Other Chlorophyll Benefits
So in addition to helping to rebuild and replenish our red blood cells, chlorophyll, being highly alkaline, also gives the body the following benefits:
* Anti Carcinogenic: Chlorophyll protects against a whole host of carcinogens found in fungus-laden foods such as nuts and grains, the toxins from cooked meats, and air-borne carcinogens (from pollution). It blocks the metabolism in the body of harmful chemicals known as procarcinogens that damage DNA. Studies published in the journals Carcinogenesis and Food and Chemical Toxicology clearly display that chlorophyll inhibits carcinogenesis.
* Antioxidant & Anti-inflammatory: containing high levels of the vitamins A, C and E, chlorophyll has strong antioxidant capacity and has also been found to help reduce inflammation.
* Chelation of Heavy Metals: chlorophyll is one of the most important chelates in nature. It’s ability to bind to and remove toxic heavy metals such as mercury makes it an extremely powerful healer. I’m about to have four mercury fillings removed, and you can bet that I will be getting PLENTY of chlorophyll into my body after the procedure!
* Antiseptic: while chlorophyll doesn’t actually have antiseptic properties of its own, it, quite remarkably, DOES have the ability to aid our body’s tissue in destroying germs. By strengthening tissue, it increases the disease resistance of cells and, at the same time, prevents the growth of bacteria!
* Treats Bad Breath: This one is a real bonus and really works! Chlorophyll has a double-action remedy for bad breath. Firstly, as a deodoriser, it will eliminate odours in the mouth and throat, but secondly (and more importantly) it promotes a healthy digestive tract - which is the primary reason for bad breath.
* Rapid Delivery of Magnesium: this has a highly alkalising effect on the body and helps to deliver much needed oxygen to cells and tissues.
* Contains vitamin K, C, folic acid, iron, calcium, protein: which are all also essential in building and repairing red blood cells and boosting our immune system.
How to Get the Benefits of Chlorophyll
All of the health benefits of chlorophyll are easy to get on a daily basis. The simple way? Eat your greens and drink your greens. I know we are always going on about the importance of greens in your diet, but this is one of the main reasons why - it ensures you’re getting plenty of chlorophyll!
Posted by Dr Kate Keville at 6:56 AM
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
He who knows not & knows not that he knows not, is a fool shun him; he who knows not & knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him; He who knows & knows not that he knows, is asleep, wake him; He who knows & knows that he knows is wise, follow him
Posted by Dr Kate Keville at 8:35 PM
Monday, May 25, 2009
NEW ULM, Minn., May 25 (UPI) -- A mother and 13-year-old son who allegedly fled after a judge ordered him to undergo chemotherapy have returned to Minnesota, police say.
Daniel Hauser's family wanted to rely on natural healing methods instead of technology, but doctors said he would die without chemotherapy, the (Minneapolis) Star Tribune reported. The teen has a tumor growing in his chest.
Brown County officials said there would be a news conference on the case Monday evening at the courthouse in New Ulm, Minn.
County officials said they had been working with state and federal officials, including the FBI, to find the teenager. The Star Tribune said the Hausers were thought to have gone to Mexico to seek natural healing treatment.
There are up to 50 clinics in Mexican border communities offering cancer patients alternative treatment, the American Cancer Society says.
My son Kevil Murray was diagnosed with testicular cancer almost three years ago. He was given six months to live, unless he did chemo therapy, radiation, and radical surgery. He had one baseball size tumor on his left testicle, and three tumors surrounding his kidney's. Kevil made the choice of doing Gerson Therapy for his cancer. The chemo therapy doctor's called me a murderer, and told me if Kevil were under the age of eighteen, they would have me arrested. My son is living, celebrating his life, and helping others to heal themselves of cancer. He did not lose his hair, vomit, or poison his body with the chemicals and surgeries the medical doctors had planned for him.
It should be a crime for the American Medical Establishment to have the power to force a child, and or parents to adhere to their beliefs that chemo therapy cures cancer. It is a lie. How dare they believe that the human body given the right God given nutrition and detoxification cannot be healed of any disease. How dare they take away our rights to decide for ourselves how we want to heal.
Posted by Dr Kate Keville at 5:59 PM
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Someone saved my life tonight! And that person is one of my new favorite
awesome people, Kate! She not only changed out of her PJs to come across
town to pick me up, but she did a lot of other things for me too; she has
a very generous and healing spirit. And Gaffney is really cool too :) I
had such a great time at their house, and I hope I get to meet with them
Posted by Dr Kate Keville at 10:16 PM